Criminal defense in Russia
If you or your friends have been arrested and charged with a crime in Russia or have learned that you may be the subject or target of Russian criminal investigation, the most important decision you can make is deciding who will represent you in fighting against these charges or in putting a halt to the investigation. Being accused of a crime is a most serious matter. Having a criminal conviction on one’s record can have long-standing and devastating consequences for you and your family. The Russian criminal defense attorney Andrey Ivanov that you or your family should turn to should be one who possesses the highest level of professional skills, who has for years successfully represented people (including foreign citizens) accused of wrongdoing in Russia, and who can assure you and your family that you will receive the kind of personalized attention and care that you deserve under this most trying of circumstances.
Participation of a lawyer in a criminal case may result in:
- termination of the criminal case at a pre-judicial stage;
- adjudging the verdict «not guilty» and full rehabilitation of the client;
- charging a conditional punishment (which it is not executed if the condemned does not make new offences during the trial period);
- charging a softer punishment, than it is stipulated for this crime by the law (below the lowest limit);
- charging a softer punishment, than demanded by the accusation;
- reduction of the accusation ( justification in particular episodes of the criminal activity);
- relieving from the criminal liability on bases of an amnesty, pardon, illness or on other bases stipulated by the law;
- prescheduled relieving from serving the punishment, replacing the rest part of the punishment by a softer kind of punishment, a delay and an installment plan of executing the punishment;
- prescheduled removal of a previous conviction;
- cancellation of the preventive punishment or replacement by a softer one;
- paying a fair indemnification for human rights offenses admitted by the criminal prosecution;
- other improvement of the client`s position in a criminal prosecution.
Note that Russian Federation provides free-of-charge state lawyers to the foreign citizens who are a subject of a criminal prosecution and do not speak Russian. However, such lawyers are not usually interested in real protection of client’s interest because their fee does not depend on result of their work. They do not want to spoil relations with the bodies of criminal accusation also . Therefore it is preferable to invite an independent lawyer from the very beginning of a criminal investigation. Nevertheless, according to the Russian law an independent lawyer can enter a criminal case at any stage and work alongside with a state lawyer or any amount of other independent lawyers.
Russian criminal defense attorney Ludmila Ivanova. Contact to order criminal defense services in Russia for you or your friends.
Lawyer Ludmila Ivanova works together with partners specializing in various areas of the right. It is a guarantee of qualified legal services in all kind of criminal cases.
You can find out more detailed information in the appropriate sections of the site or by ph. +79056613066.